Friday, July 31, 2009

Downloading success, finally!

Trying to download a book from Netlibrary gave me a terrible time last weekend, as I described earlier. I'd done it before, successfully, a year or 2 ago, but this time I wasted most of 2 days, updating my iPhone, doing updates for my computer, updating Windows Media player, downloading Netlibrary Media Center several times -- not one upgrade/download worked the first time! And then the book I had checked out would not download through NL Media Center. Frustration. I came back to it today armed with determination. I still got error messages from NLMC, then directions on how to get to their systems alerts and request customer assistance (which I will at some point). It looked like it should have been so easy to use their download "to computer" or "to portable media" buttons. I tried a different book, in case it had a problem with my first title. No better. So I thought what the heck and used the manual download. It went so smoothly! And when it was downloaded and saved to my desktop, it plays beautifully in Windows Media Player! Works for me. Wonder why they insisted on having NLMC? I can listen to both books from my computer, or another day figure how to get them on my portable devices. Hurray!

1 comment: